How do Naturopaths treat Chronic Fatigue?
Naturopaths take a multi-faceted approach to treating chronic fatigue syndrome.
Starting with a diagnoses process to assess the internal health of your body, our naturopaths will discuss supplemental options with you that can immediately reduce the severity of the symptoms. A reduction in symptoms can provide the leverage needed to enable us to work together to find a long-term solution and to plan an ongoing lifestyle intervention.
- Correctly prescribed tonics help revitalise the patient and correct immune function.
- Adaptogens improve the response to stress.
- Improvement usually occurs with consistent use of prescribed herbs.
Patients are not to overexert themselves when they begin to feel improvement as this can cause a relapse. They should only participate in mild exercise and should not exercise beyond the point of fatigue.
- Sleep helps to restore the immune system.
- CFS patients improve with adequate sleep which may be more than they needed previously.
- They must avoid stress and emotional crises as much as possible.
- Appropriate lifestyle measures must be incorporated.