Why Should I Lose Body Fat?
Obesity and a high percentage of body fat is known to be one of the most serious causes of ill health, increasing your risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer.
It also increases your risk of arthritis, hypertension, stroke, asthma, depression, birth defects in offspring which can lead to an early death.
“Obesity’s health consequences range from increased risk of premature death to serious chronic conditions that reduce the overall quality of life”- World Health Organisation.
High body fat also increases the frequency of allergies, muscular aches and pains and reduces energy production causing fatigue.
Most calorie restriction diets don’t deal with the underlying metabolic and hormonal inhibitors of fat loss. The effectiveness of our systems to deal with these hormonal problems makes it a critical factor for individuals with treatment-resistant obesity.
Top reasons for losing weight
- Looking good means feeling great. Excess body fat can affect your self-esteem and is linked to the development of mood-related disorders such as depression.
- It can improve energy levels. More energy means more vitality.
- It reduces cardiovascular risk. Being overweight dramatically increases your risk of dying from the number one killer – heart disease.
- Protects against cancer. Obesity is strongly associated with the development of several cancers, including colon, breast, endometrial, kidney and oesophageal Cancer.
- It will promote healthy ageing. Consider fat loss as a type of life insurance.
- Improved sex life. One of the major risk factors for impotence in men is excess body weight. Losing weight may not only make you feel more attractive but improve sexual function, particularly erectile function in men.
- Improved fertility. Overweight men and women are known to have high rates of infertility. Losing weight is a good idea if you are planning a family.
We can help you lose fat and maximise healthy body muscle. We have a range of eating plans to suit your needs.
When you approach us for weight loss you will undergo an assessment procedure so we can ascertain what your strengths and weaknesses are.
You may be required to undergo further analyses such as Cellular Health Analysis, an Iridology Assessment or Blood Group verification. This is done at the discretion of the practitioner.
We take into consideration the different factors which could be affecting your weight such as:
- Lifestyle factors (current eating habits or exercise habits)
- Thyroid problems
- Liver problems
- Digestion problems
- Blood sugar balancing problems
And then go about treating these as well.
Why Most Diets Fail
Most diets simply focus on weight loss without considering what element of the body is wasting away in the process. Subsequently muscle mass is depleted in large amounts.
With our approach we are able to intermittently test for muscle mass and so make sure that valuable muscle is maintained.
Loss of muscle mass is the number one biomarker of ageing – preserving muscle protects your biological age
This loss of muscle reduces your metabolic rate (ability to burn calories) and increases the likelihood of you putting the fat back on (yo-yo dieting).
Losing muscle mass and reducing your metabolic rate tends to create a vicious cycle of fat gain which causes hormonal and metabolic abnormalities that eventually promote further fat gain.
The systems we use avoid these damaging effects of dieting because they are fat loss systems, not weight loss systems.
Why do a Naturopathic Weight Loss Program?
Because they work. We give our clients the support and empower them with the knowledge for them to make permanent changes to their dietary and lifestyle habits. We believe in the teach a man to fish philosophy. Fad diets bad etc.
Obesity, cardiovascular disease and diabetes are words we’re hearing more often these days. Excess weight is a key contributing factor to these diseases. This is why many health funds offer a rebate to their clients who embark on a weight loss program.
Our Weight Loss Programs
- Ultra lite weight loss system
- HCG weight loss program
- Shake it weight loss system
- Zone Diet
- Blood Group Diet
- Low glycemic index/ Low glycemic load
How Do I Get Started?
Call 03 9879 9596 or contact us online today for appointment or more information. You can also leave your name and email address on this link and we will email you. Take the step toward a healthier you today!