How to help Hashimoto’s with Diet and lifestyle
- The thyroid gland is very susceptible to toxicity, especially that of heavy metals. Reduce exposure to heavy metal toxicity, so our Integrated Detoxification program can help.
- Identify dietary triggers to immune responses. This can be done using our special Elimination and Rechallenge Diet.
- Avoid foods that may affect thyroid function – e.g., broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale, spinach, turnips, soy, beans, and mustard greens. These vegetables can affect the way iodine is used. So if these are your chosen vegetables, you may be able to counteract these effects using a good Iodine supplement.
- Follow a diet of balanced healthy eating that helps balance blood sugars.
- Manage stress, exercise and take the nutrients that help good thyroid health.
Give us a call on 9879 9596 or Contact us here if you have have been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s or if you have signs or symptoms of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
We can arrange a Laboratory test to check thyroid function. This includes checking your levels of:
- Free T4, Serum TSH, T3, Thyroid autoantibodies
- Additional testing may also be required depending on the individual.